A benchmark independent fund with a mid cap (ex top 20) bias.
At A Glance
The Ellerston Australian Share Fund is a high conviction fund that looks beyond just investing in the Top 20 stocks in order to capture the neglected opportunities created by under-researched stocks in the broader Australian market. While we aim to outperform the S&P/ASX Accumulation 200 Index over the longer term, our investment process is totally benchmark independent. By broadening our focus beyond the large companies that typically dominate analyst and investor attention, we can potentially increase the scope to uncover mispriced stocks outside this narrow base. The result is a concentrated, high conviction portfolio made up of no more than 25 ASX-listed securities.
We take a distinctively contrarian investment approach driven by fundamental, bottom-up stock selection designed to identify stocks which should outperform over the long term. We have an absolute return mind-set, despite being measured on a relative basis. The capital invested in each stock is solely dependent on our assessment of its ability to generate superior risk adjusted returns in the future, not on its benchmark weighting. Hugging the benchmark tends to lure investors towards the big four banks, BHP, Telstra, Wesfarmers, Woolworths, Woodside and a few other select names.
- A high conviction fund: A bottom-up approach that focuses on high quality stocks or stocks that are out of favour and are mispriced.
- Specialised investment expertise: access strategies and expertise previously available only to wholesale and more sophisticated investors.
- A robust, scalable and repeatable investment process: our dedicated team uses a process of disciplined analysis to consistently identify what we believe to be the most undervalued stocks that should be re-rated by the market over time.
- Greater opportunities for alpha creation: a concentrated portfolio with a bias towards companies outside the Top 20, with potential for long term capital growth and income distributions.
- A team you can trust: access to Ellerston Capital’s experienced investment specialists and benchmark “unaware” investment approach.
Invest with Ellerston Capital
To find out more, contact Ellerston today.
Phone: (02) 9021 7797
DISCLAIMER: Ellerston Capital Limited ABN 34 110 397 674 AFSL 283000 is the responsible entity and issuer of units in the Ellerston Australian Share Fund ARSN 135 591 534. Any information is general and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Accordingly you should consider the Product Disclosure Statement before deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold units in the Fund available from this website or by contacting us on 02 9021 7797.
|As at 31 January 2017||1 Month %||3 Months %||FYTD %||1 Year %||3 Years p.a %||5 Years p.a %||Since Inception p.a %|
|Ellerston Australian Share Fund Class A (Gross)||-0.73%||6.15%||13.88%||27.12%||9.53%||12.66%||11.45%|
Note: The return figures are calculated using the redemption price for Class A Units and on the basis that distributions are reinvested. The gross and excess return figures are before fees and expenses whereas the net return figures are net of fees and expenses for the Class A Units.
The benchmark was changed from the S&P/ASX 200 Accumulation Ex REITS Index to the S&P/ASX 200 Accumulation Index on 1 July 2012.
The Since Inception for the Fund is 1 April 2009.